Thursday 3 February 2011

Fruit = hiccups!

A quick one today as I didn't realise how late it was - I've gotten out of the habit of going on my laptop recently, so was happily reading on my Kindle when I realised I wanted to write a blog post, seeing as I actually remembered to take photos of all of today's foods. Not particularly interesting photos mind, but I've got to start again somewhere!

This morning started with dough balls. Mama Pea's chocolate chip dough balls to be precise...

after eating 5 of these last night, I decided the rest of the batch needed to go in the freezer out of sight! I kept 3 of them in the fridge to eat today though, one of which got eaten before breakfast! So yummy, and almost healthy too! :)

Breakfast was one of my favourites...cinnamon and peach porridge topped with a (smaller than usual) blob of peanut butter...


this is so tasty, I love the flavour of the cinnamon and peaches. The smaller blob of peanut butter was just enough to add a nutty crunch...I'm still trying to keep my calories slightly down to at least stop the weight gain if not start to lose some of it. I've managed to stick to my calorie allowance for the last 3 days so hopefully I can keep at it whilst still enjoying my food :)

Lunch was eaten alone today - Liam and daughter were out at uni/school and baby seems to be having a sleepathon lately! He napped 11.30am-1.30pm then 2.30pm-4pm yesterday, still went to bed at 7pm and slept through til 9.30am (with a quick wake up at 4.30am for milk) then still napped from 11am-2pm today! I wish I could sleep that much and still sleep at night-time too! Meant I got a peaceful mealtime though so no complaints from me! Anyway, lunch was a slice of seeded toast topped with 2 rashers of grilled bacon and a poached egg...


mmm, we hardly ever have bacon so this was a real treat! Liam normally cooks poached eggs for us all when he's home, mine are getting better though...yolk not quite runny enough but I have a "fear" of undercooked eggs so this is an improvement for me!!

Mid-afternoon I got full-on munchies! First I had the last of my dough balls (2nd was eaten before lunch!) and a satsuma...


but I was still hungry after this so had another 2 satsumas and some grapes...


lucky we had plenty of fresh fruit in the house for once! This gave me hiccups, but at least it distracted me from my peckishness! (and provided inspiration for my rubbish post title...its late (for me anyway) and I want to go to bed...figured a random title was better than a blank space, and reflected the rambly randomness of today's post!!)

Then it was time for school pick-up, followed by the usual post-school chaos, so I didn't eat again until dinner. Pearl barley risotto (it's more like a stew really I guess) with the usual base of onions, carrots, leeks and mushrooms, this time with some chorizo added in too...


yum! The chorizo still didn't add much flavour to the overall stew/risotto, which has plenty of flavour of its own, but it was nice to bite into the occasional chunk of smokiness!

After dinner I had a creme caramel pot...


plus a square of dark chocolate snuck from the cupboard when no-one was looking!! I needed something sweet to finish off the day, but that's me done. A really good day for me I think :)

Liam has started making noises about me wanting me to bake over the weekend though...not good! I think I'm gonna try out a recipe for malteser tray bake so watch this space...! I'll make it when he's at work either on Friday evening or Sunday. Friday would be preferable for me as then everyone else can eat it while I'm at work on Saturday (my last shift, whoop, I resigned! It was making me so miserable and the job just wasn't worth that, plus it meant we had no time as a family...children are really looking forward to us all going swimming together the following Saturday!) anyway...back to my sentence...sorry! I will probably end up making the traybake on Sunday though, so that my daughter can get involved - she loves stirring & measuring! So I will just have to resist eating it all on Monday! That was a bit of a ramble! Summary... chocolate malteser traybake = hopefully yummy but not to be gobbled up by me all at once!! I will of course have to try a bit as the chef...for quality control purposes you understand! :)

Phew, clearly time for me to go to bed! Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...