Tuesday 17 May 2011

I Should Encourage Liam To Cook More Often!

Tonight Liam cooked dinner for us all as a belated birthday treat for me :)

He decided to make Butternut Squash Risotto, one of my favourites! I last made it about a month ago, when it looked like this...


Tonight, Liam made the risotto with no help from me (albeit following my recipe on his new iPhone). It smelt wonderful whilst it was cooking, so nice to be able to appreciate the smell without having watery eyes from onion chopping! I left him to it completely and was intrigued to see how it would look once he'd finished. This was the end result...


How good does that look?? :) He did forget the pumpkin seeds (not surprising as he chooses not to have them on his) but that was easily fixed...


This was really tasty...and really filling - I'd only planned to eat a quarter of the total amount made, but Liam gave me a third of it and of course I ate it all...oops but yum! :)

Liam was so critcal of his own cooking. First he said it was cold - it totally wasn't. And then he said it was too watery - it was a bit more liquidy than mine, but this was actually a good thing as my risotto often sticks to the pan towards the end and gets too stodgy!


Definitely need to get Liam cooking more often! He used to cook once or twice a week, but since I've stopped eating meat he hasn't really cooked as much (his main dishes were spaghetti bolognese, cottage pie etc). As long as he has a recipe to follow though, he can cook it great. And as the above photos show, he can even plate it up prettily too! Yum. Thanks Liam! :)

4 comments:

  1. Well done to Liam! It looks like he did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog via Averie's :)

    Looks like a pretty delicious dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone, it was so nice not to have to cook for once, and still get to eat a yummy meal - definitely something to be encouraged more often!!

    & Hi Errign, glad you found me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...