Saturday 5 November 2011

Saturdays are for...


All 15 cookies were eating by the 4 of us today, but I still have more dough left to bake tomorrow, yey, these are the best cookies I've ever managed to make! :)

  •  eating leftovers for lunch - I made a burrito from last night's fajita leftovers - fried onions and pepper, salsa, cheddar and goats cheese inside, sour cream and guacamole on top.

  • receiving flowers (thanks Liam!) - rubbish photo as is it was already pitch black by the time he bought them home at 5.30pm - hate lack of daylight in winter! :(

  • easy dinners. Although, note to self: next time buy Lidl's fresh pasta instead of Waitrose - a third of the price and Izzy likes the spinach & ricotta flavour, whereas she complained her way through eating this!


The rules of this nomination are:I get to tell you seven random things about myself as well as pass on the award to seven other great bloggers.

Nominees, in order to accept this award you must:
-Thank and link back to the person who awarded you - CHECK
-Write seven random things about yourself - CHECK
-Award seven other awesome and inspiring bloggers - CHECK

I've tried to think of 7 random things about myself that are at least vaguely interesting, so here goes!

1. My dream for the "future" is to retire abroad and own a cocktail bar on a beach somewhere. There is the small matter of making lots of money first, but as I have about 20 years until the children are likely to leave home, I figure I have plenty of time left to worry about that!
2. I stopped eating meat for Vegetarian Month (or was it week? I kept going so I'm not sure...) when I was 12. I kept it up through a school trip to China (which therefore involved living on plain boiled rice and a few watery green vegetables for 10 days) but going to boarding school when I was 16 defeated me. I can't even remember what the vegetarian options were that the canteen served, but whatever it was was enough to turn me back to meat for another 8 years!
3. I have size 8, wide, flat feet. I therefore hate shoe shopping. I remember my Mum once having to buy me boys shoes to wear to school, as all the girls shoes that year were too thin and pointy.
4. I go through stages of wanting to cut my hair really short or dye it blonde. The fear of not liking it and it taking too long to grow back holds me back, plus the expense of constantly having to dye my dark roots is quite off-putting! I used to use semi-permanent dyes in red/purple "auburn" colours quite regularly until about a year ago though, maybe I should do that again.
5. I can't stand baked beans. The taste and texture make me gag. That always seemed to cause problems when I went to friends' houses for tea as a child, and now means I dislike the texture of chickpeas, kidney beans etc...although if I mash or puree them then I quite like the taste. (Houmous, mmmm!)
6. I have a little sister who is 10 years younger than me, and then Izzy is 10 years younger than her. Nice even age gaps!
7.  I asked Liam for help with thinking of Number 7 and his response was "you like food"...haha, suppose that is definitely true, but a bit concerning that that is the first thing he thinks of!!

And I guess the main thing we can tell from the above is that I do like to ramble on! Love how the last couple of facts are so much shorter than the others...I was running out of steam!!

I now get to tag 7 other bloggers to complete this award. I've seen this done by a few people already, so I will try not to tag the same people as them...feel free to ignore me if you have already been tagged though!

Angie @ Musings of a Violet Monkey
Sarah @ Every Day's A Picnic
Hannah @ Mind Running Wild
Nicky @ Kabocha Fashion
Becky @ Becky Blog
Ali @ (Almost) Athletic Ali
Sarah @ Sweet Potato Sarah

What was the best thing you did this Saturday? And what is your favourite type of cookie? This recipe was so successful that I plan to re-create it with lots of variations. Although I suppose I need to be a bit cautious...one of my favourites - white chocolate with dried cranberries - would not be approved of by Liam so I'd end up eating the whole batch by myself!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...