Sunday 8 July 2012

Since London...

We have been catching up on sleep...


Eating extra veggies...

Peeling broad beans from our Riverford veg box - they both love the job!
Late night, post spin meal of pitta with falafel, asparagus & mayo
Spaghetti with courgette, sesame tofu & mozzarella
And experiencing freaky weather...

This was our town yesterday, after major floods in the area on Friday night night (photos taken from my friend's Facebook, thanks L!)

Woodland area we usually go for walks in - see the bench under water on the left!
Cars usually drive through here!!
and yet today it is really warm and sunny with lots of blue sky...


Good old "English summer"(!)

Right, tennis now... Go Murray!! :-D

I will be back tomorrow with a post about our 2nd day in London...this week has been full of trying to get back on top of the housework/dealing with Izzy being sent home from school at lunchtime on Thursday just because she was tired (aren't they all at this time of the year?!!) etc so I'm only just getting round to editing all the photos!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend! :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear poor you- that flooding is terrible. Hopefully the rain will stop and it can all dry out soon.
    I agree they are all tired- I had a child fall asleep on Friday afternoon, and it was golden time so it was so noisy in there not sure how he managed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I couldn't believe it was that bad when I saw the photos! I haven't been for a walk that way yet (as Toby is going through a *difficult* stage with his pushchair/walking at the moment!!) but the roads seem a lot clearer yesterday & today so hopefully we don't get any more heavy rain!

      Aww, bless, how old are the children you teach? I cannot wait til the summer holidays! Even though Izzy & Toby will probably still wake up at the same time, it'll be nice not to have to rush each morning! :)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how bad the flooding is in Devon. I saw Ottery Saint Mary on the TV this morning and it looked truly awful down there. So far I've been quite lucky with the flooding in Surrey, touch wood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we live pretty close to Ottery St Mary, a lot of this area was pretty stuck on Saturday - even my friends in bigger places like Honiton couldn't leave the town as all the surrounding roads were closed! Better now though luckily. Fingers crossed you stay dry too!

      Delete
  3. The weather has been crazy, hasn't it! Luckily we haven't had any flooding here in Manchester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I couldn't believe it - flooding/rain on Friday/Saturday, but then we had gorgeous sunshine yesterday! Hope you manage to avoid flooding!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...