Monday 23 July 2012

Sunny Weekend - Picnics and Parks

We have sunshine! :-D About time too!

We have made the most of the sun this weekend with lots of time spent in the garden, as well as a trip to the local woodland area (which was under water just 2 weeks ago!)


for a picnic...

Egg mayo sandwiches, pineapple and leftover cookies

and Izzy (trying to!) learn to to ride her bike...


They yesterday one of my teacher friends came to visit and we went into town for ice cream...


and a trip to the play park...

Hi Sarah! :)
Notice there are no children in this photo...Liam = big kid!! ;)
He likes to use Izzy as his excuse when possible though!

I have also been eating lots of summery foods. A delicious chocolate peanut smoothie in the garden one morning (just almond milk, peanut flour, cocoa powder, stevia and ice - we were out of bananas!)


and also lots of omelettes. I finally got round to buying a pan small enough to make omelettes in. The first day I was a bit overenthusiastic with my fillings - lots of stinky cheese and strawberries - it still tasted delicious but looked a bit of a mess!


The next time I just filled the omelette with some grated cheddar, then served it with strawberries and cucumber on the side...much neater!


Yum, looking at these photos, I think I'm going to go and make myself an omelette for lunch now! I also have an almost 6 year old nagging me that she's hungry, haha, I am loving the summer holidays so far (I didn't properly wake up until 9am this morning...bliss!!) but I will have to adjust to a slightly different routine with Izzy home. With Toby, he is very much a grazer so I don't need to worry about when we eat "lunch" as he has been snacking on fruit, yoghurt, toast etc all morning anyway. Whereas Izzy is used to having lunch at a set time at school each day so wants to stick to that!

Do you have your meals at the same time each day or do you just eat whenever you feel like it? Have you all spent lots of lovely time in the sunshine this weekend? Liam and I discovered that, whilst we have 3 (!!) new bottles of factor 50 suncream, we don't have any slightly lower ones for the adults - after all the rain we've had recently we haven't really needed it, but after this weekend we both have slightly pink shoulders, whoops, so need to get down to Boots today I think. I'm so careful with slathering the children in suncream regularly, but I need to take more care of myself too!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting into relaxed mode- gotta love those summer holidays! Although I am waiting in for a delivery- boo! So doing school work (and being distracted by the internet) instead! I use factor 50 on me, because I burn really easily, although we have not needed it much this year!
    When I am at work I pretty much eat at the same time, but when I am on holiday it can vary- I am better if I have set times though, otherwise I tend to snack and not eat proper meals.
    You look lovely in that photo at the picnic by the way- that colour really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh never thought about putting strawberries into an omelette. Looks really good, very summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We settled in to holiday mode in zero.25 seconds :-)
    So pleased you have kicked off the holidays with lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...